Friday, November 10, 2023

Coffee

Near the end of my junior year in high school, a discussion with my father planted the seed of an 

idea within me. People find missionary work in other countries necessary; however, in this current 

age, the youth of America require immediate attention so America does not become an atheistic 

nation. I developed the concept for Narrow Way Coffee with the intent of confronting teens in an

environment where they lower their guard and do not attempt to display themselves as stronger

Christians. Confronting teens outside of the Church makes them vulnerable and softens their hearts. 

               I decided on a coffee shop because I worked for Dunkin' Donuts during my junior year and 

discovered youth drink coffee earlier than past generations and utilize coffee shops as social outlets. 

The conception of Narrow Way Coffee grew from my interest in business and my desire to grow 

closer to God. My preconceived notion that the conditions where the Bible is taught aught to be 

changed solidified itself after a conversation I had with a guest at the Keeter Center. He is a retired 

church minister of thirty years. He told me "the gospels do not change; however, the way we present 

them, desperately needs to". The gospels, whether told in a church or in a small business, do not 

change. The sincerity of the congregation, and in unusual cases, the pastors or the person ministering 

radically changes depending on location. The buildings that people refer to as churches affect the 

teachings of the Bible in a negative way. When a congregation expects people to act Christ-like in 

church, people don the persona of "a good Christian" and lie to themselves and those around them. 

The time to change where the podium stands draws nearer as the country retreats further from God's 

glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment